GPS Find 1.2.4
GPS Find 1.2.4
Last Updated:Nov 29, 2010
Requirements:No special requirements
Downloads of Last week:0
GPS Find 1.2.4 Description
GPS Find is an application for discovering and marking waypoints with your GPS enabled BlackBerry smartphone. GPS Find can be used as a geocaching tool, or it can be used on an adventure, using the waypoint manager to mark locations as you go.
The main features of GPS Find include:
• GPS based location, speed, heading, distance and bearing.
• Customizable main screen.
• A Wind Rose style Compass.
• A Waypoint manager.
The Mainscreen has an adjustable font and layout allowing you to include only the blocks of information you want to see, in any order you wish. Currently the information groups that can be displayed include:
• Latitutde, Longitude, and Altitude
• UTM coordinates
• MGRS coordinates
• Heading and speed
• Bearing and distance
• Time-to-lock and GPS method.
• Timestamp and Accuracy
The Compass screen contains a windrose compass, and detailed information about speed, heading, and optionally distance and bearing when a destination has been set. When approaching the destination, a "Bullseye" screen is also available, showing a bird's-eye view of your location relative to the destination.
The Waypoint manager includes the following features:
• Import waypoints from .gpx, .loc and .kml files.
• Export waypoints to .gpx, and .kml files.
• Save current location and annotations.
• Manually enter location and annotations.
• Set any waypoint as destination (to compute bearing and distance).
• Map any waypoint using BlackBerry or Google Maps (subject to wireless signal availability)
• Send any waypoint in an e-mail, or write to memo.
Other features include:
• Shows the number of satellites while gaining a coordinate fix.
• Force the backlight on while using GPS Find.
• Night mode (screens are red on black)
• Custom background colors and gradient.
• Automatic determination of magnetic north for current coordinates (based on NOAA/NGDC/BGS World Magnetic Model)
• Automatic adjustment of distance units