Winlpd Single PC License - LPR Client and LPD Server in one great Package
Winlpd includes an LPR Client and an LPD Server for Windows 95/98/Me and Windows 2000/NT4.0:
- LPR client is used to print from Windows to LPD enabled network printers or printers attached to Unix machines.
- LPD Server is required if you wish to perform the reverse and print from Unix to your Windows printer. LPD Server of Winlpd has an interface similar to the Printers folder in your Windows 95 or Windows NT machine.
Once the user has installed Winlpd application it starts automatically and keeps listening for requests from remote machines.
- Winlpd can be easily configured after installation to run as a service on Windows95/98/me and on Windows 2000/NT 4.0.
This helps in making LPD services available even if there is no user logged in. This feature is not available in the demo version of the software.
- LPD Server of Winlpd has an interface similar to the Printers folder in your Windows 95/98/Me or Windows NT4.0/2000/XP machine.
- After you have installed a Windows printer from the control panel you have to use the "Add Printer" wizard to add any of the Windows printers to be shared using Winlpd. Once a printer is shared it appears inside the Winlpd window.
Winlpd receives requests from other clients and hands it over to the Windows printer in raw format.