Universal Combat A World Apart is the stand-alone sequel to Universal Combat released in 2004.
Explore a massive universe more expansive and dynamic than any other. In solo mode or online multiplayer, in first or third person view, engage in epic battles on land, air, sea, and deep space.
Features: A massive game world consisting of more than 250 planets, 12 different playable races, and a database of over 500 combat units, all rendered using high 3D polygon counts.
Choose from any of eight career types in three classes - commander, marine or pilot. Explore and experience all new iInstant action and dynamic campaign scenarios; including the imagination fueled free-form roam scenario.
Enhanced graphics engine. Some highlights :
1. Native DirectX 9 graphics engine with support for shader spec 2.0 (e.g. geForce FX, Radeon 9600/9700/9800/X800) and with fallbacks for shader spec 1.3-1.4 (geForce4 Ti, 4200 GO, Radeon 8500, 9000) and spec 1.1 (geForce 3).
2. New features include new shader based lighting, glow and environment mapping (in space, you will see the surrounding space skybox reflected off objects in the scene etc) render paths; along with normal and bump maps support for various high end assets.
3. The new engine also has native support for various lighting (per-pixel) levels, texture filtering (e.g. Anisotropic), full screen anti-aliasing (FSAA) etc. These are already implemented, working and available via the game Options screen.
4. Improved shader based special FX (e.g. explosions, cloaking, hyperspace etc)
5. Improved terrain rendering engine based on the newly revised graphics engine. Also features improved terrain texture assets, vegetation etc.
6. Improved shader based character animation engine which takes advantage of
the newer high definition character models with support for visible character
models in open (where characters are visible) vehicles.
Improved NPC dynamic AI engine with improved NPC orders system.
New multiplayer transport kernel based on a newly licensed third party middleware
multiplayer engine, ReplicaNet.
New integrated multiplayer games channel with features such as chat lobby, server
browser, multiplayer server clusters, auto-patching, multi-lingual chat rooms
and many more features via the stand alone Yahoo! All Seeing Eye browser and
our own subscription based 3000AD Games channel.
Improved vehicle control and dynamics.
Improved asset switching with full control for naval LCAC assets.
All new (sixteen) high definition first person character models.
All new first person weapons; for a total of twenty-four weapons as well as four grenade types and the all new Anti-Personnel Mine.
Revised planetary bases using some revised assets and with better layout and scale, so they donÂ?t seem quite as barren due to their wide expanse.
One 16 mission Advanced Campaign Mode scenario playable as the Commander or Elite Force Pilot career.
Sixteen new Instant Action scenarios featuring various careers.
Two co-op specific multiplayer space based scenarios with support for up 32 players.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 2000, 2003, XP, 98, 98SE, ME
Pentium IV 2.0GHz or equivalent AMD Processor
DirectX 9.0c (or higher)
64MB video card with Pixel & Vertex Shader 1.1 (NO nVidia MX cards!)
Supported nVidia chipsets: GeForce 3Ti, 4Ti, 4200 GO series, GeForce FX, GeForce 4 series and above
Supported ATI chipsets: Radeon 8500, 9000, 9200 series and above, X800 series and above
DirectX compliant sound card