TCExam is a free Open Source Web-based software to generate and manage online tests and exams.
An e-exam (or CBT - Computer Based Testing)is an electronic exam that can be executed by using a personal computer or an equivalent electronic device (e.g. handheld computer).
The use of e-exam systems, instead of traditional paper-based tests, allows you to simplify the entire exam cycle, including generation, execution, evaluation, presentation and archiving. This simplification allows you to save time and money while improving exams reliability.
Beyond the aforementioned advantages, TCExam introduces a large number of tools and features to improve the exams total quality:
- Automatic Installation System
- platform-independent server-side software
- multilanguage support (include support for TMX standard and UTF-8 Unicode)
- includes a Database Abstraction Layer with drivers for MySQL AND PostgreSQL
- Web-based accessible interface, compatible with almost all modern internet browsers
- includes a protected administration area from which it is possible to manage the whole system
- supports different access levels both for users and resources (pages, forms, sections)
- includes an additional security system to access the tests based on the check of the IP addresses
- supports an unlimited number of tests, topics, questions and answers
- supports text formatting and use of images in the description of the tests, the questions and the answers
- once defined, the topics can be used alone or together for different tests
- supports both multiple-answer questions and free-answer questions
- automatically calculates the cumulative score for multiple answers
- includes a system to manually evaluate the free answers
- generates unique tests for each user by randomly selecting questions and possible answers
- supports timing for starting time and duration of the tests
- can generate PDF versions of the tests so that they can be done without using a computer
- generates reports and statistical data both in XHTML and PDF formats
- allows the customization of the format and the headers of the PDF documents
- supports the output of the test results for the final user
- sends test results to users via email
Web Server, PHP 5.x My SQL 4.1 or higher or Postgres 7.4 or higher.
What's New in version 11.0.008:
- TCPDF library was updated.
FET is an evolutionary program (using a genetic algoritm) for automatically generating the timetable of a school, high-school or university. Features: FET is free software (open source). You can freely use, copy, modify and re-distribute it, as GNU/GPL permits (but please consider a donation) Localized to English, French, Catalan, Romanian,...