SynthFont is a tool for playing/rendering MIDI files using SoundFonts and other similar sound sources. The result can be played back through a sound card or written to wave files. With SynthFont you can also create audio files (WAV, MP3, OGG, APE, FLAC) from your MIDI files. SynthFonts main sound sources are SoundFonts, but also wave files, DLS and GIGA files - and now also VST Instruments - can be used.
SynthFont supports the use of both VST effects and instruments. SynthFont has some basic SoundFont editing capabilities and also shows the MIDI data in a Piano Roll and an Event list. A stand-alone VST instrument version of SynthFont is also available.
What's New in version 1.342:
- 1.341 lost the ability to restore the selected SoundFont from the Arrangement file
- In the Pianoroll, "Edit note", "Standard length" was often wrong
- TransposeAll values not displayed when reading back from the Arrangement file
- Removed some other minor bugs in "Midi Events"
- You can select notes in the Pianoroll by right-clicking in the virtual keyboard. Now you can unselect all notes as well with a second click
- "Delete notes" button in Pianoroll Batch Edit deletes all notes when no were selected. Warning message now displayed
- The VST instrument Hypersonic 2 from Steinberg is mute. Will be fixed soon.