SyMenu is an USB application menu. Also works great with your local PC.
You can customize SyMenu in a simple and quick way adding links to portable programs, files, Windows commands, folders and URLs.
Linked items (SyItems) have to reside on the same USB stick or disk even if Symenu supports links to absolute path (such as C:\Windows\Explorer.exe).
SyMenu supports every portable program but you can try to install inside your USB device even programs that dont need to access to registry or file system folders outside the programs root (for example to check a serial key registry hive or a license file).
- Start Search bar: (Windows Vista like) allows to quickly search amongst any SyItem configured on menu;
- Windows Start Menu wrapper: SyMenu exposes through Start Search bar every program linked in host PC Windows Start menu too;
- Extension Manager: allows to temporarly replace normal Windows extension associations with SyMenu custom extension association;
- Autoexec: allows to launch a SyItem custom list at SyMenu startup.
- Execution modes: Run, RunAs, Open folder and Show Properties.
- Batch Import: allows to make massive imports of new SyItems.
SyMenu allows to organize your SyItem in a hierarchical way using virtual SyFolder.
SyMenu is a multi-language program. Up till now the languages supported are English and Italian.
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0.
What's New in version 1.10.3778:
- Tooltips on items in context menu showing path, description, url, Windows command, shortcut attributes
- Set working directory for all programs by default
- SyMenu could be executed with elevation in Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Notification when a program, launched from SyMenu, needs elevation
- If a program is executed with RunAs, SyMenu stores supplied credential during all working session