StartupXPert is a powerful utility that displays and allows to manage "startup" programs. The application displays the list of programs that are automatically launched at every system start. It lets you inspect, edit, and temporary disable such programs. StartupXPert can also automatically detect new "startup" programs and inform you about it.
With the help of StartupXPert you can also:
- add new programs, including drag-and-drop from Windows Explorer;
- delete programs;
- temporary disable programs without deletion;
- enable disabled programs;
- launch selected programs;
- open Startup Folder and System Registry;
- monitor the list of programs for updates.
The last feature is a kind of protection against "Trojans", the programs, that are installed on your computer without your permission and does a harm for you (running at systems startup) - for example, they can give the unauthorized access to your computer (the most famous tool is Back Orifice) or steal your dial-up passwords. StartupXPert will automatically detect that the new startup program was added and immediately inform you about it.