The Secunia PSI is the FREE security tool that is designed with the sole purpose of helping you secure your computer from software vulnerabilities. Software vulnerabilities affect all applications installed on your computer, from the Operating System down to your email client, office application, instant messaging, and so on.
Secunia is the world-leading provider of vulnerability intelligence. Secunia collects, evaluates, verifies, and analyses security information from public mailing lists, security and vendor websites, coordinated vulnerability reports, and internal research.
To help you secure your computer from software vulnerabilities, Secunia PSI will scan your computer for installed software and determine if any applications lack security updates.
484,031 users have already installed the Secunia PSI and 41,515,416 user applications are currently monitored.
What's New in version 220.127.116.11 Beta:
- Automatic Full Rescan on Upgrade - The Secunia PSI will automatically start a new full-scan when you upgrade your Secunia PSI installation. This is to ensure that your results are up-to-date and that you can fully enjoy new features offered by the latest Secunia PSI.
- Improved Program Monitoring - The automatic monitoring of program installations and updates, along with removal of programs have been improved, thus providing a more responsive detection of changes.
- Added Status Indicator - A status indicator has been added to the bottom of the Secunia PSI it informs you about what the Secunia PSI is currently doing, along with general recommendations for improved usage of your Secunia PSI.
- Detection of Known Restore/Backup Folders - The Secunia PSI can detect several known restore and backup (e.g. "Windows.old", "i386", etc.) folders on your PC. Furthermore, offering you to quickly create Ignore Rules for these, if insecure programs are found in these folders. Naturally, it is still a delicate decision between ignoring a detected security issue in such folders and when to actually resolve them.
- Enhanced Detection, Assessment, and Remediation of 64-bit Programs - The Secunia PSI is now able to better distinguish between 32-bit and 64-bit programs.
- Enhanced Logic for Detection Problematic Programs
- Converted to Unicode - The Secunia PSI has been converted to unicode. In order to support more languages.
- The Secunia PSI is now available in Hungarian - Thanks to Balzs Nmeth
- The Secunia PSI is now available in French - Thanks to Serge "Sergio" Tellene
- The Secunia PSI is now available in Portuguese (Brazilian) - Thanks to Vinicius Mello
- The Secunia PSI is now available in Norwegian - Thanks to Norsis
- Improved the Secunia PSI's ability to run and get localised for PCs in Asia, Africa, and South America