Why settle for a basic build of your Firefox browser on Windows Operating Systems when you can have one that performs 25% faster? Mozilla does not provide optimized browser packages for Windows, while many Linux users get the advantage of a browser built specifically for their system.
That needs to change! So, here is the Pale Moon project. Pale Moon is a custom built and optimized Firefox-based browser.
- Highly optimized for current processors
- 100% Firefox sourced: As safe as the browser that has seen years of development.
- Uses less memory because of disabled redundant and optional code
- Significant speed increases for page drawing and script processing
- Support for SVG and Canvas
- Windows 98*/Me*/2000/XP/Vista/Seven, 32-bit or 64-bit (64-bit O.S.es are not natively supported, but the browser will run fine on them)
- A 7th generation or later processor with SSE2 support like a Pentium IV or Athlon 64 or later (see list of supported processors) This browser will NOT run on Athlon XP processors!
- 64 MB of RAM (128 MB or more recommended)
- At least 35 MB of free (uncompressed) disk space