@promt Professional 9.0 is the ideal translation software for everyday business needs, efficiently and effectively handling documents, web pages and the text content of PDF files.
A broad range of translation customization options allows fine tuning of translation results, and extensive integration options enable you to translate directly in your favorite applications.
The new Microsoft Office 2007-style interface lets you enter new words into user dictionaries with a single click. @promt Professional 9.0 also enables you to create dictionaries automatically, use the internal Translation Memory system, and supports Mozilla Firefox and OpenOffice.
Key Benefits of the @promt Professional 9.0
- Convenient translation and editing environment
Translate text quickly and accurately with just a single click. For ease of editing, source and target texts are synchronized at an individual word level and translation variants are displayed for words with multiple meanings.
- Tune translation options to meet your requirements
Professional translation customization options enable translation settings to be adjusted for a single document or a group of documents on the same topic.
- Seamless multilingual web browsing
Translate websites in real time into your native language using Microsoft Internet Explorer® or Mozilla Firefox ®.
- Translate right inside your favorite Microsoft Office applications
Full-featured translation options are integrated into Microsoft Office® 2000/XP/2003/2007 applications (Word®, Outlook®, Excel®, PowerPoint® and FrontPage®).
- Save time by avoiding repeat translations
Once you are happy with the translation of a particular text block, use the Translation Memory module to store and re-use it whenever the same source text appears.
- Improved dictionary creation
Automatically convert a list of words and their translations from Excel into PROMT user dictionary format. To add individual words, simple mode is available to expedite the process.
Key features of the @promt Professional 9.0
- Translate documents in DOC, RTF, HTML, XML, and TXT, e-mails, and web pages, preserving the original layout
- Synchronous translation as you type in a convenient two-window display
- Clipboard translation in any Windows application
- Translation Memory technology allows reuse of previous translations
- Batch File Translation mode allows ‘hands-free' scheduled translation of multiple files without user interaction.
- Translation of ICQ messages and text content of PDF files
- Electronic Dictionary as a standalone application
- Translation of XML files
- Full-featured plug-ins for Microsoft Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 (including Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and FrontPage)
- XML file translation using Microsoft Word plug-in or standalone application
- Microsoft Internet Explorer® 5.x -7.x and Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Adobe Acrobat 5.0-8.0
- ICQ PRO 2003/ICQ 5
- OpenOffice 2.x
- Real-time translation of web pages directly online in Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x-7.x or Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Translation of search queries linked to most popular search engines.
- Create and edit personal dictionaries for custom translation of words and phrases.
- Specify translation rules for preserved and unknown words in source documents.
- Reserve words that do not need to be translated
- Choose between alternative translations for selected entries.
- Attach specialized dictionaries and arrange them by priority according to the topic of the translated text
- Attach Translation Memory databases to further improve the quality of translation.
- Save custom translation settings in topic templates for re-use with similar documents in the future.
- Back-up personal customization settings.
- Text-To-Speech (TTS) support.
- Automatically convert existing user glossaries into @promt user dictionaries
- Inclusion of specialized dictionaries - specific topics available vary according to language pair selected.
- Stand-alone dictionary application makes it easy to translate a single word or phrase.
- Extensive external application support, including scanners, spell-checkers, and third-party dictionaries
- Complete user's guide.
What's new in @promt Professional 9.0
- New and more intuitive Microsoft Office 2007-style interface
- New translation engine
- New specialized dictionaries for multiple language pairs
- Support for Mozilla Firefox 1.5/2.0
- Integration with ICQ PRO 2003/ICQ 5
- Optional automatic dictionary creation
- Translation Memory System
- Support for OpenOffice 2.x
- Option to print user dictionaries