Managing your day-to-day life is not an easy job to do. There are so many things to concern for - housekeeping, shopping, children... And what about cousins birthday you always forget? Or important phone numbers? Undoubtedly your working place is covered with dusty yellow (or blue, or pink) sticky notes. If so - PNotes is right for you. Throw the physical stickies away and replace them with virtual ones on your desktop.
PNotes (Pinned Notes or Portable Notes, use what you prefer) is written entirely in C and Windows API - so it is fast and light-weight. It has flexible settings - both for the program in whole and for individual note. Skins, fonts, colors, alarms, tags, transparency level - all-in-one. Any portion of notes text can be formatted separately.
There is a variety of skins for PNotes and, moreover, you can create your own one if download PNSkinCreator - a small utility for creation PNotes skins. Notes can also be skinless, that allows stretching them to any reasonable size.
You may set the password, which will prevent unauthorized access to program. In this case you can also store the notes as encrypted files, so even if you lose your USB stick nobody could read them.
Scheduling is also important feature of PNotes. It is possible to schedule each note to remind you about significant events by three different ways - alarm you once, every day at specified time or pester you every specified interval.
One more PNotes feature - ability to join notes into groups by your choice. You can create, modify, delete and relocate groups by simple click or drag-and-drop. Changing group for each note performed by dragging it onto appropriate group. There is also special group of notes: "Diary".
PNotes is fully Unicode supported and translated into many languages. And, obviously, it is portable - it leaves no traces in Windows registry and can be started from any drive (fixed or flash) on any computer. Take your notes with you to any location.
Whats New in version 6.5.110:
- The default notes name for saving was the first line of text in whole. Now restricted to specified number of characters.
- Improper formatting for date when hours and minutes are at the beginning of format string (discovered by Christopher Freel)
- Control Panel and Preferences windows were not restored after menu click or hot key if they were minimized (discovered by zw963)
- Incorrect search in hidden notes (discovered by horstepp2)
- Support for pictures and smilies
- Special group of notes - "Diary", allowing to maintain diary-like set of notes (suggested by horstepp2)
- Ability to define custom tags and assign them to notes for futher searching and sorting (suggested by horstepp2)
- New command line switches -c (create new note), -cr (create new note from clipboard), -cd (create or show today diary page) (suggested by eran)
- Option to search simultaneously in notes bodies and titles (suggested by horstepp2)
- Customizable groups icons (suggested by wolfeden3)
- Option to change bullets indent
- Option to change edit area margins
- Wrappable text in preview window of Control Panel
- Option to set sound alarm to infinite loop
- Added years and months to "Repeat Every:" schedule type (suggested by tullio99)
- Option to reload all notes (suggested by tullio99)
- Ctrl+A on Control Panel will now select all notes
- Option to switch between Hide All/Show All added to double click on system tray icon
- tandard format accelerators (Ctrl+B - bold, Ctrl+I - italic, Ctrl+L - left align, Ctrl+E - center align, Ctrl+R - right align, Ctrl+U - underline, Ctrl+K - strike-through)
- Added system tray baloon with greeting when program starts for the very first time
- Changed look-n-feel of Preferences dialog
- Translation for "About" dialog