PC Tools AntiVirusOverview
PC Tools AntiVirus provides you with world-leading protection against viruses, worms and Trojans with rapid updates and OnGuards technology.
With PC Tools AntiVirus you are protected against the most nefarious cyber-threats, such as known viruses, worms, Trojans and other threats, attempting to gain access to your PC and personal information. Monitors for and blocks known malware in real-time. Going online without Protection against the latest fast-spreading virus and worms, such as Netsky, Mytob and MyDoom, can result in infections within minutes.
If your PC gets infected, the virus will usually Attempt to spread itself to your friends, family and associates by accessing your email contacts and networked PCs. A computer virus may also create a backdoor that allows hackers to access files on your PC, launch attacks against other computers or websites, or send SPAM email.
That's why PC Tools AntiVirus provides world-leading protection, with rapid database updates, IntelliGuardTM real-time protection and comprehensive system scanning to ensure your system remains safe and virus free. PC Tools products are trusted and used by millions of people everyday to protect their home and business computers against online threats.
Some key features of PC Tools AntiVirus
• Protects your PC as you are working, surfing and playing
• Detects, quarantines, disinfects and destroys Viruses, Trojans and Worms
• IntelliGuardTM protects your computer against threats in real-time
• Automatically checks for frequent updates against the latest threats
• Best of all it's FREE. No catches, limitations or time-limits.
What's new in this version?
• PC Tools AntiVirus 6 provides enhancements in protection, detection and scanning
• This has been achieved through the introduction of next generation sliding signatures, specifically designed to better cater for the significant numbers of threat variants in the wild.
• PC Tools' next-gen sliding signatures have also delivered performance improvements to scan time and system impact with a further reduced memory footprint and overall system impact during scanning.