Open Contacts is an address book with CRM features providing unified, flexible and intuitive interfaces for you to manage and lookup contact info of people and companies. People could be associated with companies to represent the relationship of ownership or employment etc.
Finding people in the same organization is easy with dynamic links between people and companies.
Open Contacts is very open to your needs of storing contact info of different kinds, since you meet different people with different levels of details. Open Contacts shows only info you inputted. You can seamlessly customize what can be stored in your address book. New ways of communication will be invented in the future, Open Contacts is flexible to such changes.
- Details are stored in sections of data fields that are dynamically customizable, with predefined sections of data fields.
- Associate people with companies, and associate companies with departments or subsidiaries.
- Categorize people contacts and company contacts in hierarchy trees.
- Search contacts info through any data field.
- Dynamic shortcuts to telephony, emailing or Web browsing.
- Define predefined sections of data fields.
- Import contact info in other formats, such as MS Outlook, XML, CSV and vCard.
- Export contact info to text and XML.
- Save and load different customized layouts of contact info.
- The program is small and green enough to run on a memory stick.
- Support multilingual features.
- Native supports for concurrent access of multiple users in Local Area Network.
What's New in version 5.1:
- The drop down count of dynamic fields is adjustable from 8 to 36. This is configured in the Options.
- When inputting birthday, it is acceptable to define month and day only without year. The format is MM-DD. In the Search Birthday window, the age of a contact won't be calculated if no year is defined.
- When pasting multiple lines of text with predefined labels to create multiple fields, now the program can use only characters at the right end of the last TAB character if any.
- Support advanced management of postal addresses. While each section of a record may have one postal address, you may appoint the postal address of one of the sections to be the postal address. In addition, if you prefer using a company's address, you may set the postal address to be the company's.
- For the Quick View window, you may view postal address only after setting the Quick View style sheet to be "Postal address".
- When inputting names of contacts, you may choose to have fields "Given name", "middle name" and "Surname" only while hiding the full name field, as you may prefer not to use automatic full name analysis. And for tolerating duplicated names, you may still amend the full name.
- When exporting to XML with options, all categories will be exported as well if option "Settings" is checked. Then when importing from such XML to another database, all categories will be restored.
- Add the Communication template for the Quick View window. You may change the template of the Quick View through the Options-View. This template groups data fields of electronic communication by Email, phone, and instant messenger.