Oolite is a space sim game, inspired by Elite, powered by Objective-C and OpenGL, and designed as a small game that is easy for users to pick up, modify and expand upon. Almost every aspect of the game can be changed by using simple, free graphics packages and text editors.
Originally written for Mac OS X, and under continuous development for over five years, Oolite is available for Mac OS X (10.3.9 and higher) and PCs running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Linux. It requires at least a 400 MHz processor, 256 MiB of memory, and a graphics card capable of accelerating OpenGL graphics.
The game and source code are offered for free under the GNU General Public License.
Whats New in version 1.73.4:
- Fixed nova mission.
- Fixed missing planet name in Constrictor Hunt mission.
- Fixed bug where subentities of sold ships could come back to haunt your log.
- When buying a ship which does not specify a HUD, the default HUD is now used immediately.
- Scooping can no longer overfill your cargo bay.
- Fixed some cosmetic issues with equipment list UIs.
- removeEquipment scripting method now works with damaged equipment.
- awardEquipment scripting method now works with EQ_REMOVE_MISSILES.
- Fixed spurious OXP verifier warning about display_name key.
- Hyperspeed is now turned off when dying.
- [Windows] Installer now uninstalls old versions correctly.
- [Mac] Fixed an error where random (often very loud) noise could be played through the right channel at the end of long sounds.
- [Mac] Game now starts in full-screen mode if it was in full-screen mode when last quit.
- [Non-Mac] Fixed a problem with mouse control.
- [Non-Mac] Added option to suppress splash screen, which forces the game to run with software rendering on some systems.