Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is an easy-to-use, simple, and effective anti-malware application. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware can detect and remove malware that even the most well known anti-virus and anti-malware applications fail to detect.
- Support for Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and 7 (32-bit and 64-bit).
- Light speed quick scanning.
- Ability to perform full scans for all drives.
- Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Protection Module. (requires registration)
- Database updates released daily.
- Quarantine to hold threats and restore them at your convenience.
- Ignore list for both the scanner and Protection Module.
- Settings to enhance your Malwarebytes Anti-Malware performance.
- A small list of extra utilities to help remove malware manually.
- Multi-lingual support.
- Works together with other anti-malware utilities.
- Command line support for quick scanning.
- Context menu integration to scan files on demand.
Note from GlobalFreeWare: The free version does not include realtime protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating.
Whats New in version 1.45:
- Added new scheduling engine for our customers featuring realtime updating, more finely-grained scheduled scanning/updating, and a streamlined interface.
- Added new flash scanning option which searches for malicious objects in memory and load point locations.
- Added compatibility with Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) for our corporate customers.
- Added a brand new advanced heuristics detection module named Shuriken that will be integrated into both scanner and protection module.
- Integrated website blocking options and other customizable policies into the main program interface.
- Heavily improved command line interface allowing customers to scan and remove automatically and silently.
- Heavily improved updating module which should solve various updating issues. Also added full proxy support including authentication and integration into the GUI.
- Fixed a large number of various issues and enhanced overall stability of the scanner and protection module.