Little Registry Cleaner is an open source program designed for Microsofts Windows Registry. Its purpose is to remove obsolete or unwanted items that build up in the registry over time in order to improve the stability and performance of your computer.
These items may include un-needed or inaccurate entries left behind by incomplete uninstall routines (known as "Software Rot"), application program errors, and even misapplied registry hacks. Problems also come up when users transfer or delete files without realizing that dozens of Registry entries aim to the old location.
Requires: Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5.
What's New in version 1.3.2:
- Calls ShowErrorMessage() instead of throwing an exception everytime in xmlRegistry
- Fixed bug causing the whole startup subkey to be stored and removed
- Displays if user is administrator and if process is being debugged in crashreporter
- Added Try-Catch blocks for System.Security.SecurityException in Fonts, HelpFiles and Sounds
- Cleaned up nested try-catch blocks in scanners
- Fixed the tab order in the dialogs
- Build Time uses MM/dd/yyyy format instead of ToShortDateString because of windows 7 new format
- Checks for update when dialog is shown instead of loaded
- Changed window settings for restore dialog and startup manager
- Directory settings are controlled through Settings.cs instead of Program.cs
- Build time is returned in Settings.cs instead of Program.cs