LimeWire is the worlds fastest P2P file-sharing application, letting users share and search for all types of computer files, including movies, pictures, games, and text documents. The applications other features include dynamic querying, the ability to preview files while downloading, advanced techniques for locating rare files, and an extremely intuitive user interface.
LimeWire is compatible with the Gnutella file-sharing protocol and can connect with anyone else running Gnutella-compatible software.
At startup, the LimeWire program will connect, via the internet, to the LimeWire Gateway, a specialized intelligent Gnutella router, at startup to maximize the user's viewable network space.LimeWire is a tool that allows you to share files over the internet.
Further, the most recent version of Lime Wire enables Group functionality, so that users can connect to other people interested in sharing the same kinds of files that they are.
- Ease of use - just install, run, and search
- Ability to search by artist, title, genre, or other metainformation
- Elegant multiple search tabbed interface
- "Swarm" downloads from multiple hosts help you get files faster
- iTunes integration for Mac users
- Unique "ultrapeer" technology reduces bandwidth requirements for most users
- Integrated chat
- Browse host feature--even works through firewalls
- Added Bitzi metadata lookup
- International versions: Now available in many new languages.
- Connects to the network using GWebCache, a distributed connection system
- Automatic local network searches for lightning-fast downloads. If you're on a corporate or university network, download files from other users on the same network almost instantaneously!
- Support for MAGNET links that allow you to click on web page links that access Gnutella.
Note from GlobalFreeWare: The setup program includes a toolbar which does not have to be installed to use the software.
What's New in version 5.5.13:
- Performance Enhancements
- Updater optimizations
- Update the installer for the LimeWire Toolbar (Powered by Ask) for Windows systems.
- Bug fixes.
LimeWire is the worlds fastest P2P file-sharing application, letting users share and search for all types of computer files, including movies, pictures, games, and text documents. The applications other features include dynamic querying, the ability to preview files while downloading, advanced techniques for locating rare files, and an extremely i...
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer (P2P) client designed to efficiently manage the downloading of large, high-quality, digital files such as video, music, and games. The client is used to search the Internet for legal torrent files, which can then be quickly downloaded to a users machine. As files become more popular, the speed in which they can be down...
Tixati is a free, simple, and easy to use P2P client that is compatible with the bit-torrent protocol. Features: 100% compatible bit-torrent client Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available detailed user interface, with views of individual peers, detailed bitfield graphs, and bandwidth usage charting highly flexible bandwidth thrott...