K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is a free software bundle which includes the K-Lite Codec Pack Full and Real Alternative. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always very up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
- It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
- It has been very well tested, so that the package doesnt contain any conflicting codecs.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
This Full Pack contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings
Contents of K-Lite Mega Codec Pack:
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.3.1333.0
- Media Player Classic Home Cinema 1.2.1008.0
- Media Player Classic 220.127.116.11 rev. 106 - This is a full-featured player with many options and useful functionality. It has internal filters for opening various container formats such as MP4, Matroska, FLV and Ogg. It is also capable of playing QuickTime and RealMedia content if those frameworks are installed. The Home Cinema version has internal DXVA decoders for H.264 and VC-1 video.
- ffdshow revision 3130 - ffdshow is a very powerful DirectShow filter that can decode many audio and video formats. It also contains lots of options for manipulation of the audio and video, such as resizing and post-processing. Examples of supported video formats are: DivX, Xvid, MPEG-4, H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, VC-1, H.263, FLV1, FLV4, VP3, VP6, Theora, SVQ1, SVQ3 and MJPEG. Examples of supported audio formats are: MP3, AAC, AC3, DTS, LPCM, Vorbis, MP1, MP2, E-AC3, Dolby TrueHD, AMR, Nellymoser and IMA ADPCM.
- ffdshow VFW interface - VFW decoder that supports many video formats. VFW encoder for a few video formats: MPEG-4, DV, H.263, Theora, MPEG-2, MPEG-1, MJPEG and a couple more.
- Extra plugins: KernelDeint and TomsMoComp deinterlacers, DScaler plugin, x264 encoder.
DirectShow video decoding filters:
- Xvid 1.2.2 - For decoding Xvid MPEG-4 video. This is currently the most popular video format.
- DivX H.264 18.104.22.168 - For decoding H.264 video.
- On2 VP7 22.214.171.124 - For decoding VP7 video. This format is not very common.
- MPEG-2 (Cyberlink) 126.96.36.1993
- MPEG-2 (Gabest) 188.8.131.52 - For decoding MPEG-2 video. The Cyberlink filter also support playback of DVD video in Windows Media Player and Windows Media Center. Windows Vista and Seven already contain a MPEG-2 decoder by default. So you don't need to install another one, unless you prefer it over the Microsoft decoder.
DirectShow audio decoding filters:
- AC3/DTS/LPCM/MP1/MP2 (AC3Filter) 1.63b - For decoding AC3 and DTS audio. Also decodes DVD audio.
- Vorbis (CoreVorbis) 184.108.40.206 - For decoding Vorbis audio. This is the recommended Vorbis decoder.
- AAC (MONOGRAM) 0.9.6.0 - For decoding AAC audio.
DirectShow audio parsers:
- LAC (madFLAC) 1.8 - Source filter and decoding filter for FLAC audio files (.flac).
- WavPack (CoreWavPack) 1.1.1 - Source filter and decoding filter for WavPack audio files (.wv).
- MusePack (MONOGRAM) 0.9.2.0 / 0.4.0.0 - Source filter and decoding filter for MusePack audio files (.mpc).
- Monkey's Audio (DCoder) 1.0 - Source filter with integrated decoder for Monkey's Audio files (.ape .apl).
- OptimFROG (RadLight) 220.127.116.11 - Source filter with integrated decoder for OptimFROG audio files (.ofr .ofs).
- AMR (MONOGRAM) 18.104.22.168 - Source filter and decoding filter for AMR audio files (.amr). This filter is also able to encode and mux AMR audio.
- DC-Bass Source 1.2.0 - Source filter with integrated decoders for the following audio file types: AAC (.aac .m4a), ALAC (.alac)
- Tracker (.it .mo3 .mtm .s3m .umx .xm) and True Audio (.tta).
- AC3/DTS Source (AC3File) 0.7b - Source filter for .ac3 and .dts files.
DirectShow source filters:
- AVI splitter (Gabest) 22.214.171.124
- AVI splitter (Haali Media Splitter) 126.96.36.199 - For parsing the AVI container (.avi files).
- MP4/3GP/MOV splitter (Haali Media Splitter) 188.8.131.52
- MP4/3GP/MOV splitter (Gabest) 1.3.1333.0 - For parsing the MP4/MOV/3GP containers (.mp4 .m4v .hdmov .mov .3gp files).
- Matroska splitter (Haali Media Splitter) 184.108.40.206
- Matroska splitter (Gabest) 1.3.1333.0 - For parsing the Matroska container (.mkv .mka files).
- Ogg splitter (Haali Media Splitter) 220.127.116.11
- Ogg splitter (Gabest) 1.3.1333.0 - For parsing the Ogg container (.ogm .ogv .ogg .oga files).
- MPEG-PS/TS splitter (Gabest) 1.3.1333.0
- MPEG-PS/TS splitter (Haali Media Splitter) 18.104.22.168 - For parsing the MPEG-PS container (.mpeg .mpg .m1v .m2v files) and the MPEG-TS container (.ts .m2ts .m2t .mts files). The Haali MPEG-PS splitter also supports .evo files, but it does not always work properly for regular MPEG files.
- FLV splitter (Gabest) 1.3.1333.0 - For parsing the FLV container (.flv files).
- CDXA Reader (Gabest) 22.214.171.124 - For reading VCD, SVCD and XCD discs.
DirectShow subtitle filter:
- DirectVobSub (VSFilter) 126.96.36.199
- DirectVobSub (VSFilter) 2.33 - DirectVobSub is a filter for displaying subtitles (ssa/ass, srt and vobsub). Your subtitle file(s) should have the same filename as your video file (for example: MovieName.avi + MovieName.idx + MovieName.sub) and should be in the same folder as your video file. Then the subtitles will automatically be displayed in most players.
- Haali Video Renderer 188.8.131.52 - Excellent video renderer that can be used as an alternative for the video renderers that Windows offers. Requires a modern graphics card with PixelShader 1.4 or higher.
VFW video codecs:
- Xvid 1.2.2 - For encoding video in the Xvid MPEG-4 format.
- On2 VP7 184.108.40.206 - For encoding video in the VP7 format.
- huffyuv 2.1.1 CCE Patch 0.2.5 - For encoding video in the huffyuv format. huffyuv is a lossless (no quality loss) video compression format.
- YV12 (Helix) 1.2 - For decoding and encoding the YV12 format.
ACM audio codecs:
- MP3 (LAME) 3.98.2 - For encoding MP3 audio in applications like VirtualDub.
- AC3ACM 1.4 - For decoding and encoding AC3 audio in applications like VirtualDub.
x264 is a free library for encoding H264/AVC video streams. The code is written from scratch by Laurent Aimar, Loren Merritt, Eric Petit(OS X), Min Chen (vfw/asm), Justin Clay(vfw), Mns Rullgrd, Christian Heine (asm), and Alex Izvorski (asm). Features: CAVLC/CABAC Multi-references Intra: all macroblock types (16x16, 8x8, and 4x4 with all p...