K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of codecs and related tools. Codec is short for Compressor-Decompressor. Codecs are needed for encoding and decoding (playing) audio and video. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your movie files. With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular movie formats and even some rare formats.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It it always very up-to-date with the latest versions of the codecs.
- It is very user-friendly and the installation is fully customizable, meaning that you can install only those components that you really want.
- It has been very well tested, so that the package doesnt contain any conflicting codecs.
- It is a very complete package, containing everything you need to play your movies.
- There are 3 packages available: Basic, Standard, and Full.
This Full Pack contains even more codecs. It also has encoding support for various formats. This package is for power users and people who do their own encodings
What's New in this version:
- Updated Media Player Classic to version 18.104.22.168 rev. 40
- Updated ffdshow to revision 1872
- Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 22.214.171.1247
- Removed obsolete Fraunhofer MP3 decoder
- Added MediaInfo 0.7.5.9
- Removed Avifixed tool
Note: Older versions of K-Lite Codec Pack Full which run on all operating systems can be downloaded here.
x264 is a free library for encoding H264/AVC video streams. The code is written from scratch by Laurent Aimar, Loren Merritt, Eric Petit(OS X), Min Chen (vfw/asm), Justin Clay(vfw), Mns Rullgrd, Christian Heine (asm), and Alex Izvorski (asm). Features: CAVLC/CABAC Multi-references Intra: all macroblock types (16x16, 8x8, and 4x4 with all p...