IECacheView is a small utility that reads the cache folder of Internet Explorer, and displays the list of all files currently stored in the cache.
For each cache file, the following information is displayed: Filename, Content Type, URL, Last Accessed Time, Last Modified Time, Expiration Time, Number Of Hits, File Size, Folder Name, and full path of the cache filename.
You can easily save the cache information into text/html/xml file, or copy the cache table to the clipboard and then paste it to another application, like Excel or OpenOffice Spreadsheet.
Advantages over the Temporary Internet Files viewer of Windows:
- IECacheView displays only the list of cache files, while the cache view of Windows displays a mix of cookies and cache files.
- IECacheView allows you to filter the cache files by file type (image, text, video, audio, or application).
- IECacheView allows you to view the cache files of another user or from another disk, while with the Windows viewer, you can only watch the cache of the current logged-on user.
- IECacheView displays some columns that are not displayed by the cache viewer of Windows: Content Type, Number of hits, Sub-folder name, and the full-path of the cached filename.
- With IECacheView, you can easily select the desired cache items, copy the information to the clipboard, and then paste it into Excel or OpenOffice Spreadsheet.
This utility works with all version of Windows, from Windows 98 to Windows Vista, with Internet Explorer version 6.x or 7.x.
What's New in version 1.12:
- The URLs in HTML report are now created as links.
- Fixed bug: The main window lost the focus when the user switched to another application and then returned back to IECacheView.