File Viewer will search your disk or CD-Rom and display some of the major file types such as pictures, sounds, music, videos, databases, spread sheets, documents, text files and system files. The File Viewer is useful to new PC users in helping them to become familiar with the different file extensions and how these files are used. This program is also useful to experienced PC users to quickly locate files and see what is present on their system.
Some of the functions included are:
- Search disk or CD Rom for common files by file type (extension).
- View files in multiple window format.
- View Pictures and Multimedia files on the internet.
- Picture ThumbNail window displaying pictures in a folder, double click to view enlarged picture.
- View DBase, Access, Excel, Word, Wordpad, and Works Files.
- Save files to another folder location or with a new file name.
- Print most of the viewed files (Pictures, Text, and Database).
- Send files alone or in Zip File Format over the Internet using Window's MAPI component.
- Receive files alone or in Zip File Format over the Internet using Window's MAPI component.
- Microsoft's Multi-Media player built in for MIDI, MP3, AVI, MPG, and MOV Files.
- Find and Play all the MP3 files on your disk.
- Load the program commonly used to create or maintain the file.
- Organize your files by groups in a database for quick retrieval.
- Create a printed list of all locations of a particular file, or file type.
- Some picture editing functions as Rotate, Resize, Brightness, Contrast.
- Add Text of many fonts and colors to pictures.
- Add Geometric Shapes of many colors to pictures.
- Load Pictures over the internet if you know the URL.
- Change window and window component background colors.
- Find and Unzip Zip Files.
- Disk File Utility functions such as Save, Rename, Move, Delete, and Batch Copy.
- Local Area Network support. Find, View and Organize Files across a Network.
- The File Viewer Program fully tested for use under Windows 98, Windows ME, and Windows 2000 with Pentium Class microprocessors.
- Must have 25 Megabytes of free disk space, best to have at least 64 Mb of RAM - 128 Mb Recommended, and Pentium microprocessor.
- Click FileView.Exe from Windows Explorer or Start -> Run -> FileView.exe to install the File Viewer.
Supported file types include: BMP, JPG, EMF, WMF, ICO, CUR, WAV, MID, RMI, AVI, MPG, MOV, MP3, TIF, PCX, PNG, PSD, AWD, PCT, TGA, CUT, PCD, FPX, PBM, RAS, MAC, FAX, AWD, XPM, CLP, XWD, FLC, ANI, SGI, DOC, TXT, BAT, SYS, INI, HTM, HTML, ZIP, DBF, DB, MDB, XLS, and WK4.