EssentialPIM Portable (both Free and Pro editions) is U3-compliant and works straight from your removable media, whether you use a USB flash drive, compact flash card, or even a good old floppy.
- Plug and run EssentialPIM. All your settings are stored on the removable media.
- All your data is saved in one single *.epim file, which can be stored on the same removable media.
- All data is strongly encrypted. The portable edition uses industry standard Rijndael, 128 bit key (same as the desktop edition).
- No traces are left on the system you are using.
- You can set up directories for backup and temporary files on your home computer.
Technical differences from the desktop version
- All settings are stored only on the removable drive.
- *.ini and *.epim files are stored in the Portable EssentialPIM program folder by default.
- You can select an optional autorun of Portable EssentialPIM when you insert the removable media.*
- Software provides automatic association/dissociation with Portable EssentialPIM *.epim files on any computer.*
- You can create shortcuts to Portable EPIM from within the program on any computer.*
What is EssentialPIM?
PIM stands for Personal Information Manager, and it allows you to keep all your information in electronic form. All your appointments, tasks, to do lists, notes, contacts and email messages are stored in a graphical and easily accessible form.