EditPlus is a text editor, HTML editor, PHP editor, Java editor and Hex Viewer for Windows. While it can serve as a good Notepad replacement, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers.
SeamlessWeb browser for previewing HTML pages, and FTP commands for uploading local files to FTP server.
Other features include Hex Viewer, HTML toolbar, user tools, line number, ruler, URL highlighting, auto-completion, cliptext, column selection, powerful search and replace, multiple undo/redo, spell checker, customizable keyboard shortcuts, and more.
* Improved Unicode compatibility.
* 'Enable visual style for toolbars' option ('Preferences'->'Tools').
* 'Match Tag'/'Select Tag' command ('Search' menu).
* Allows drag and drop for the Document Selector tabs.
* Automatically adjusts the number of rows on the Document Selector.
* 'Restore cursor/markers/encoding of recent files' option ('Preferences'->'General').
* Automatically adds file extension if the file type has only one extension.
* 'Rename' command ('File'->'Others').
* 'Current project' option in the Find in Files dialog box.
* 'An additional file name (allows * and ?)' option ('Preferences'->'Settings &
syntax'->'More'). * Supports secondary function pattern option.
* 'Toggle Folding' command ('View'->'Code Folding').
* 'Add Dir' button on the 'Preferences'->'Project'.
* Supports 'Sort' button on the Window List.
* Supports 'Copy Name' button on the Window List.
* Function Pattern dialog box supports 'Partial display' option.
* 'Previous' button instead of Up/Down on the Find dialog box.
* $(AppDir) argument macro added.
* Supports font option for the Document Selector.
* Supports auto save as *.tmp file for unnamed buffers.
* 'Up'/'Down' button on the Window List supports multiple selections.
* Duplicate Line command supports multi-line selection.
* 'Open Selection' command supports multi-line selection.
* Native support for tilt wheel on Vista.
* Supports horizontal scroll by SHIFT + mouse wheel.
* -wd command line option for specifying directory to save the workspace.
* 'Transparent' command ('Window'->'Others').
* 'Remove from Project' command ('Project'->'Manage Project').
* Supports 'Up'/'Down' button on the 'Preferences'->'Settings & syntax' dialog box.
* 'Copy URL' command ('Edit'->'Clipboard' menu).
* 'User tool group' option on the 'Preferences'->'Project' dialog box.
* 'Move Up/Down' command ('Edit'->'Others').
* 'Change File Encoding'/'File Encoding Multiple' commands ('Document'->'File Encoding').
* Displays current project name on the title bar.
* 'Next/Prev Project' command ('Project'->'Manage Project').
* Allows CHMOD on multiple files.
' 'Allow Drag & Drop' option ('Edit'->'Others').
* New toolbar buttons: Find Next/Prev Word, Toggle Folding, Sum, Last Visited, Character Count.
* FTP status of 100% could cause program crash.
* Some sftp servers could cause program freeze.
* Regular expression in Find in Files dialog box could cause program crash.
* 'Save wrapped lines with CR/LF' option could corrupt file.
* Replace All could incorrectly hide folded lines.
* 'Subdirectory' FTP setting did not work correctly on VMS servers.
* '$' regular expression did not work correctly.
* Search Document command could omit some words.
* Improved Vista UAC compatibility.
* 'Sum' command could not handle minus value.
* Fixes display error when selecting by word.
* Fixes a screen update bug with auto completion in word wrap mode.
* Extending column selection with 'Shift + click' didn't work.
* 'Decrease Indent' command did not work correctly with column selections.
* 'Create File' did not work on disconnected FTP server.
* Suppresses auto completion in C/C++ preprocessor directives.
* Keystroke recording could not handle the Insert key.
* Highlighted matching braces could not be restored when changing focus.
* Replace dialog box with regex did not work upward.
* Suppresses combo box auto completion when pasting.
* 'Use EditPlus in Internet Explorer' didn't work as expected in Vista.
* Reset button on the 'Preferences'->'Toolbar' did not work correctly.
* Fixes a bug with the Korean input method editor.
EditPlus is an Internet-ready 32-bit Text editor, HTML editor and Programmer's editor for Windows. While it can serve as a good replacement for Notepad, it also offers many powerful features for Web page authors and programmers.