NETGEAR has been a worldwide provider of technologically advanced, branded networking products since 1996. Our mission is to be the preferred customer-driven provider of innovative networking solutions for small businesses and homes.
New Features and Enhancements
* Added - Vista driver, GUI and Installation support.
* Pass WHQL certification for Windows XP & 2000.
Vista - Driver limitation
1. Super G (108M) is not fully supported.
2. XR (Extended Range) is not supported.
3. Can?t get hidden AP?s channel, a/b/g mode and security mode.
4. When connect to Ad-hoc mode, can not list infrastructure list.
5. The throughput is not balance on Tx and Rx directions. (2M difference)
6. When AP with hidden SSID, can?t get IE information from the driver.
7. Can?t capture CTS/RTS packet.
8. Signal strength display is not correct sometimes, while link speed in 54Mbps.
9. Link speed always report 54Mbps on 11g connection and 11mbps on 11b.
1. In default state, SSID in Any, it doesn?t connect to nearest AP instead of ?Netgear? SSID.
2. During granting IP address, the status bar displaying 169.254.57.150 temporally then display correct IP like 192.168.1.2 3. When profile use WPA, the security will display WPA2-PSK, inconsistence.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.