NETGEAR has been a worldwide provider of technologically advanced, branded networking products since 1996. Our mission is to be the preferred customer-driven provider of innovative networking solutions for small businesses and homes.
1. Added Windows Vista Support.
Installation, If Upgrading a Previous Installation
1. Select Start > Programs > WG511v2 Smart Wizard > Uninstall NETGEAR WG511v2 Software. The NETGEAR SMART WIZARD Install Assistant window appears.
2. Select Remove, then click Next.
3. Click OK to uninstall.
4. You are asked to restart your computer. You must do this before continuing to the next step.
5. Run the installer, wg511v2_3_0.exe
6. Follow the instructions to complete the installation. (Click Next until reaching a window with a Finish button. Then click Finish.)
7. Windows 98SE and Windows Me users, restart your computer.
Installation, If Doing a First Time Install
1. If you have physically put the adapter into your computer, REMOVE IT before starting.
2. Run wg511v2_3_0.exe
3. Follow the instructions to complete the installation.
4. Physically plug in the adapter into the PCMCIA slot in your computer.
5. Follow the instructions to complete the installation. (Click Next until reaching a window with a Finish button. Then click Finish.)
6. Windows 98SE and Windows Me users, restart your computer.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.