1. Please use flash utility AWDFLASH v8.24F to update AI7 BIOS.
2. Added Pentium 4 Extreme Edition support.
3. Disabled Winbond W83627HF sensor unit to prevent incorrect CPU voltage information shown in some third party software.
4. Fixed the problem where the BIOS will show the string "AGP/PCI Frequency is 66/33MHz" twice after warm boot.
5. Fixed the problem where certain CD/DVD-ROM could not be correctly detected when there is a HDD drive attached on the same IDE cable.
6. Fixed the problem where system will reboot when the "Resume by Alarm" is enabled and the user pressed the power button to shutdown the system during POST.
7. Fixed the problem where IDE devices cannot be detected correctly if TAB and DEL is pressed at the same time when entering the BIOS setup.
8. Fixed the problem where HDD size is detected as 136GB when 200/250/300GB SATA drives are connected to SATA1 or SATA2 (ICH5 SATA channels).
9. Enhance system performance.
10. BIOS compile date: 11/10/2003.
The AI7 is the first motherboard with intelligent hardware monitoring: ?Guru. Based on the 865PE chipset, the AI7 also comes with Game Accelerator, a BIOS tweak that allows users to increase their performance up to 30%.
?Guru is a new microprocessor designed by the ABIT Engineers for use only on ABIT motherboards. ?Guru combines the ABIT Engineered features ABIT EQ, ABIT FanEQ, ABIT OC Guru, ABIT FlashMenu, ABIT AudioEQ and ABIT BlackBox into a user-friendly interface providing users the perfect environment with which to maximize performance and stability.
Enhanced 800MHz FSB
The 800MHz FSB increases bandwidth and improves overall system performance.
Dual DDR 400
Supports up to 4GB of Single/Dual channel DIMM modules, delivering bandwidth of 6.4GB/sec.
LAN on board
Lets you easily connect to the world wide web at high speeds without having to buy a separate 10/100 Ethernet card.
Serial ATA 150
Serial ATA is an evolutionary replacement for the Parallel ATA storage interface. This new high-speed interface boosts data transfer rates to up to 150 MB/sec. More flexible power tolerances allow for smaller and more efficient cables.
Lets you enjoy 6-channel audio without having to buy advanced sound cards.
USB 2.0 Interface
Supports speeds up to 480 Mb/sec, approximately forty times faster than conventional USB 1.1.
Supports 400/200/100Mb/sec data transfer rate
The overclocking functions include CPU frequency, Vcore, multiplier and memory voltage adjustment to maximize your system performance.
It is highly recommended to always use the most recent driver version available.
Do not forget to check with our site as often as possible in order to stay updated on the latest drivers, software and games.
Try to set a system restore point before installing a device driver. This will help if you installed a wrong driver. Problems can arise when your hardware device is too old or not supported any longer.