DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
The Direct Connect network is a decentralized network, made up of individual servers (hubs) that users join to share files with other members on that hub. Each hub is individually run by a fellow user of the Direct Connect network, and may have certain themes to the content on the hub. Hub owners set up rules to regulate their hub as they see fit.
- No ads, spyware, or bundled software that you don't need
- Open source software, code freely available under the GNU GPL
- Joins multiple hubs at the same time
- List of bookmark-like favorite hubs and users
- Shares large files and many files per your organization scheme
- Tiger Tree Hashes (TTH) used for file integrity
- Search across all (or selected) connected hub by type, size, or name
- Resume of downloads, with optional search for alternate sources
- Logging options and configuration for chat, private messages, downloads, and uploads
- Autoconfiguration of UPnP routers
- MAGNET link support for linking to specific content
- Automatic and manual download priorities
- Saving of user's file lists for browsing and queueing
- Translation into other languags by custom supplied XML language files
LimeWire is the worlds fastest P2P file-sharing application, letting users share and search for all types of computer files, including movies, pictures, games, and text documents. The applications other features include dynamic querying, the ability to preview files while downloading, advanced techniques for locating rare files, and an extremely i...
BitTorrent is a peer-to-peer (P2P) client designed to efficiently manage the downloading of large, high-quality, digital files such as video, music, and games. The client is used to search the Internet for legal torrent files, which can then be quickly downloaded to a users machine. As files become more popular, the speed in which they can be down...
Tixati is a free, simple, and easy to use P2P client that is compatible with the bit-torrent protocol. Features: 100% compatible bit-torrent client Windows and Linux-GTK native versions available detailed user interface, with views of individual peers, detailed bitfield graphs, and bandwidth usage charting highly flexible bandwidth thrott...