CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that its fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and FREE! :)
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
- Opera: Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
- 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
Note from GlobalFreeWare: This version of CCleaner includes the option to install the CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar which allows you to use CCleaner from your web browser. The toolbar does not have to be installed in order to use the program.
CCleaner Slim (No Toolbar) and CCleaner Portable are also available for download from FreewareFiles.
What's New in version 2.34.1200:
- Extended cookie cleaning to include HTML5 Web Storage.
- Improved Index.dat cleaning by deleting ones not locked by the system.
- Improved "Install date" detection and accuracy for Uninstall Tool.
- Improved file lock detection when analyzing to avoid false reporting.
- Improved scrolling for list control to avoid repaint problems.
- Improved cleaning of Recycle Bin.
- Improved jumplist support to avoid possible UI lock.
- Updated eMule cleaning.
- Minor bug fixes.