CCleaner is a freeware system optimization and privacy tool. It removes unused files from your system - allowing Windows to run faster and freeing up valuable hard disk space. It also cleans traces of your online activities such as your Internet history. But the best part is that its fast (normally taking less that a second to run) and FREE! :)
Cleans the following:
- Internet Explorer: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat.
- Firefox: Temporary files, URL history, cookies, download history.
- Opera: Temporary files, URL history, cookies.
- Windows: Recycle Bin, Recent Documents, Temporary files and Log files.
- Registry cleaner: Advanced features to remove unused and old entries, including File Extensions, ActiveX Controls, ClassIDs, ProgIDs, Uninstallers, Shared DLLs, Fonts, Help Files, Application Paths, Icons, Invalid Shortcuts and more... also comes with a comprehensive backup feature.
- Third-party applications: Removes temp files and recent file lists (MRUs) from many apps including Media Player, eMule, Kazaa, Google Toolbar, Netscape, MS Office, Nero, Adobe Acrobat, WinRAR, WinAce, WinZip and many more...
- 100% Spyware FREE: This software does NOT contain any Spyware, Adware or Viruses.
Note from GlobalFreeWare: This version of CCleaner includes the option to install the CCleaner Yahoo! Toolbar which allows you to use CCleaner from your web browser. The toolbar does not have to be installed in order to use the program.
CCleaner Slim (No Toolbar) and CCleaner Portable are also available for download from FreewareFiles.
What's New in version 2.31.1153:
- Improved Opera favicon cleaning by only deleting non-bookmarked entries.
- Detailed view can now be set as default in Advanced options.
- Added support to save Startup items to a text file.
- Added new INI variable for Local Low folder 'locallowappdata'.
- Improved OpenOffice 3.x support.
- Improved Quicktime player cache cleaning when in Protected Mode.
- Fixed bug where Summary panel text could be edited.
- Fixed bug in Uninstall Tool for Windows 2008 R2.
- GUI improvements to Cookie screen.
- Include/Exclude screen sorts entries in alphabetical order.
- Number formatting is more accurate in Cleaner results.
- Various minor bug fixes.